-
December 15th, 2002, 02:31 AM
#1
HB Forum Moderator
I am just stunned at what I am reading on the other Super-8 forum. At first I was content to just e-mail Mike Brantley after reading Chas's "I hate everybody who tries to make a living selling Super-8" topic post about Yale and the dreaded hervic splices, but themn I read three more topic posts just like Chas's.
On the other forum, ANY post about ANY company that actually sells Super-8 equipment or Super-8 services is just dragged through the mud!
Be it Yale Lab and the missing hervic splices, or Olden Cameras and their "overpriced" gear, or Pro-8mm, or Chas's favorite whipping boy, All American Hero (or something like that), it just never ends. I stopped reading after that, why bother?
I'm sure there's plenty more bashings of businesses that try and offer Super-8 services to the public.
They ALL get slammed on Mike Brantley's forum.
Is this some kind of macho way of feeling important?
Super-8 NEEDS to have an infrastructure of business that can make a living off of the format.
Just because you can find a super-8 camera on ebay for 200.00 does not mean anyone is being ripped off by a company, with overheard such as employees, rent, taxes, and advertising expenses, that charges 500.00 for the same camera!
Get it through your skulls that Super-8 needs business establishments that can make a living off of Super-8, for Super-8 to continue to exist.
Before justifications are made defending these inane positions slamming practically any Super-8 company that is in business, remember this, ALL OF THIS GEAR IS PRICED AT A FRACTION OF WHAT an equivalent set-up in digital video would cost.
sheesh! Lighten up already, these war stories are good for ratings, (and we know how important the ratings are), but they are completely inane as a productive way to keep Super-8 a healthy and productive business.
If you make a response topic post to this topic on the other forum, I won't be able to respond, but unlike the Mike Brantley's forum that bans dissenting viewpoints, anyone can post here.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 14, 2002 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Super8 Filmmaking in the DigitalAge ]</font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 15, 2002 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Super8 Filmmaking in the DigitalAge ]</font>
-
December 15th, 2002, 01:16 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I see nothing wrong with the thread about Olden camera. The post was started by someone who actually praised it. But some of the people who are familiar with the joint are just voicing their opinion about it being overpriced, which I agree with. I've been there a few times and can't believe the price tags.
What's wrong with that? Everyone's just voicing their opinions, trying to warn others of the high costs. It's like one person warning another person of a lousy website. This is one of the great usues of such message boards.
There's a handful of praise and a handful of "slams" on every forum.
-
December 16th, 2002, 04:07 AM
#3
HB Forum Moderator
I agree you with you if it were an isolated case. But then what do we make of the idea that most of the super-8 vendors are slammed as being too "expensive".
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks